Dell Inspiron 1100 Battery light problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to date had no problems with this laptop but this problem is trying my patience! I normally have the laptop plugged into full power via socket so its rare I use it by battery alone. However last week battery did run out and i recharged it and it has been operating absolutley fine. However the battery light will not stop flashing amber 4 times then a green flash which holds for a couple seconds. It will continue flashing like this all the time I have it on and plugged into the mains or whether I use it via battery power only. It will still be flashing for a few minutes once I have shut the laptop down completely also. I can not find anything helpful on the web so I really really need your help before I end up throwing it out a window!

Software and security is all up-to-date, and there are no other issues with it - please help!!!

Thank you!
SG

The light should stay solid green until the battery starts to run out then it flashes amber, from what you say it sounds as though one of the cells is faulty and as such isnt charging fully.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back