Dell inspiron 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
dell inspiron 4000 no w/ no admin pw

I aquired a dell inspiron 400o from my ex because he owes me lots of money i wlll never see but it is password protected and won't boot up can anyone help me with the password the computer is
4xSVQ01-595B

The computer ending in -595B is a Dell Refurb that has been tampered with by Dell to prevent use of the same services a full version would have. It presents its own difficulties.

Search this forum for Dell Password Removal, Paragon Password, Rustam, and
IDIDMYC600: webmaster of the paragon password removal site
Also look on website www.ihatedell.info and read all the information, especially which models are covered, if your model is not covered, it will be much more difficult. There are other posts on shorting sites and methods

i tried taking out the battery that didn't work i am willing to try anything at this point i purchased a new harddrive for it so i am going to be out even more money if i can't get this thing to work
Thanks
teryntx@netzero.net

raybay said:
The computer ending in -595B is a Dell Refurb that has been tampered with by Dell to prevent use of the same services a full version would have. It presents its own difficulties.

What exactly do you mean by that statement, as far as I know 595b tag was introduced by Dell to prevent the use of the old master password generator that became prevalent on the web.

it's never a good idea to give your email out in a thread, you're asking for spam messages ;)

check out the thread here, it may help you

No, with any luck, it will give you no spark.
You can use a volt ohm meter if you wish.
Read the instructions on this forum. There is an excellent howto from about three different posters.

Hello,

My name is Mike, I’m a Technical Analyst located at Dell corporate headquarters in Round Rock, TX. I’m part of an internet outreach team developed to interact with the online community regarding technical questions and issues that customers face with Dell products. I read your question and wanted to offer some help.

The password that you’re looking at it is a user level set password. It’s to protect the hard drive or the BIOS from unauthorized access to sensitive data or restricted machines. Some employers and IT departments use this to keep their employees from changing settings in the system setup pages on company machines. So as far raybay’s statement: “The computer ending in -595B is a Dell Refurb that has been tampered with by Dell to prevent use of the same services a full version would have. It presents its own difficulties.” I’m unsure of where he got this information, but it’s inaccurate. At any rate, this feature is activated by the owner (or admin) and the password is chosen by the owner (or admin) so my first suggestion, which I’m a bit surprised hasn’t been suggested yet, would be to contact the person who gave you the machine and ask them for it.

As far as the code goes (4xSVQ01-595B), if you can FULLY verify ALL contact information on the machine you can contact Dell and see if the password can be overridden. It's a security feature so I'm sure everyone understands the need for verification before action. I would suggest giving this a shot before attempting to short out your BIOS chip. If you miss with that method you’ll be left with a useless motherboard.

Mike
Dell customer advocate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back