Dell Inspiron 8000 bios password, shorting wont work, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

First, i posted here because i´m not sure if the https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic79263.html thread is being read any longer..if i did wrong i apologize for it, i won´t do this again. I´m just a little desperate with this problem...

Ok, my problem. My aunt bought me a dell inspiron 8000 for my birthday; she doesn´t know anything about computers but she's a great lady, i really apreciate this gift. She gave it to me and as i powered it on i saw the bios password screen. I started reading across this site about this password thing and decided to try that shorting method. I located the chip labeled 24WC02J on the board and proceeded to short 3rd and 6th pins...nothing...when i short and power on laptop goes off right after powering on. If i do the shorting pin by pin on 3rd and 6th using the paragon shorter with the 3rd pin it powers on but still that pass screen...with the 6th pin it goes off just after powering on. Maybe there´s some trick on the 6th leg....as far as i know 6th is the clock pin for the chip and 3rd is the A2 pin ( i guess is an input)... So i guess the shorting method won´t work for me...

I visited IdidMyC600 and the paragon site and also read the descriptive pdf at this sites...also took a look at the pictures and stuff at this sites....but i guess this thing wont work with the shorting methods...

So i was wondering if rustam could help me out...man i know you are really busy out there but if you just got a minute for me i'd really apreciate it...the service tag for this laptop is #8ZNHC01-595B

Also i looked down the laptop and service tag and express labels have been teared off so i dont know the express code. i just got this service tag from that bios password screen.

I just want to use this laptop for my school subjects...i can´t afford a new one and i just really need to use this one...it is in such good shape...

please Rustam...if you could have a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back