Dell Inspiron 9200 Bios Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a thread before about this but is closed. There was a person called rustam_ and he had a method I think so if he could help I would be really greatful.

The tag thing he needed is
#F18XG1J-595B

Thanks again

dell d800 bios password

Hey rustam_

I've been reading this forum for a while now and been having the same problem with the same dang dell laptop...as everybody else has...I've been working on computers for a while now, laptops not so much and this is the first actual one I've came across that has giving me so much trouble. A friend of mine came to me with a dell d800 with this tag DN4SN71-595B...I been reading forums net wide and I can't seem to find a way in I tried shorting the password chip.I don't now if it matters but I noticed that everybody talks about the 24c02 chip,the chip on this laptop reads 24C256N I've been tempted to jus order a 24c02 chip off ebay and have it soudered onto this board...can u please give me a hand ... I've been @ this for about 2 weeks strait...And after reading all these forums I see Dat ur da man for dis job... Thanx for ur time....

why your friend dont want to ask DELL for password? Without email address in your profile I dont send to you anything

My opologies...I'm new to forums...Actually this is the first forum I've actually posted anything on... I read them alot...but I jus can't figure this laptop out...And am in desperate help...and about my friend calling dell I have a feeling they won't help, he bought it used and u know how that goes... I posted my email on my profile...Thanx ...

I cant to send to email, because in your profile you dont allow to see your email address. So, I'm hurry -
Input: #DN4SN71-595B
By service tag: FD7WYPEJ

Well rustam if the reason you haven't my service tag thing is because there is no story...

My Uncle bought me that laptop(Inspiron9200) for my birthday from a friend of his. I tried to track this friend down but when I had he said he had bought it off someone else but can't get a hold of him. So my problem is there is no way I can prove anything to Dell. I have been looking for a way on the net for ages but no luck but if you could help me then I would be grateful.

I thought of this eeprom thing but I couldn't get a hold of the chip and frankly I wouldn't know how to put it in.

Also my email is on my profile or you can email me at email removed

The tag I have on the laptop is #F18XG1J-595B

Bios Password

rustam_... The Great....does it again....you R tha man...Thanx....
Any Chance of hard drive PW- #A22QBHS39DB-595B

Bios Password

I would love some help on this Rustam_ and my e-mail should be in my profile.
Inspiron 8000 #9m6kb01-595b
Thanks so much and have a good one!

Silly me, I forgot to tell you what this is for. I am an avid computer hobbyist and the word seems to have gotten out at my workplace. Recently I have been bombarded with people asking me to fix their broken computers. Of course, this usually just means I reinstall windows and put some user friendly spyware removal programs on, but in this case I couldn't change the boot priority on my co-workers inspiron 8000. When I looked into getting the bios password from dell, my co-worker informed me that her daughter had purchased the laptop second-hand. Neither the computer nor the hard drive are locked, I just need to change the boot priority. Is there any way to do this without the master password? If not I would really appreciate it if I could get it from you Rustam_. Otherwise I'll be stuck trying to remove all of the spyware, viruses, and AOL peripherals manually. Thanks for your time!

HHDD Password in a Dell Latitude D600

Hi Rustam.
I work in a Services company, in the Tech department. A co-worker brings us a pc that was using. She said that left the pc on at the client site, and get out 5 minutes to see the Soccer Score (WorldCup Fever).When she reurns, the pc was turned off and with a hard disk password (not bios password). We called Dell and ask for support. They give to us some passwords but does not work.

it ask for hhdd password and shows #***********-595B
(those are 11 asterisks not a mask. Hard disks was changed by Dell months ago).

service tag is: B0DDN61

If you can help me with this I will be very appreciate. The data on that disk is very important. And , as ussual, there is not backup :-(

thanks in advance.

rustam_ said:
why your friend dont want to ask DELL for password? Without email address in your profile I dont send to you anything

If DELL cant help you, why you think I help better?
Very probably your disk has accidently failed. But try pwd N4DVW4DE
Rodrigoc said:
Hi Rustam.
I work in a Services company, in the Tech department. A co-worker brings us a pc that was using. She said that left the pc on at the client site, and get out 5 minutes to see the Soccer Score (WorldCup Fever).When she reurns, the pc was turned off and with a hard disk password (not bios password). We called Dell and ask for support. They give to us some passwords but does not work.

Rodrigoc said:
Hi Rustam.

it ask for hhdd password and shows #***********-595B
(those are 11 asterisks not a mask. Hard disks was changed by Dell months ago).

service tag is: B0DDN61

If you can help me with this I will be very appreciate. The data on that disk is very important. And , as ussual, there is not backup :-(

thanks in advance.
I agree with rustam that the HDD has lkely failed; A Dell generating a spurious HDD Password screen when a HDD fails is an uncommon occurrence, but it does happen. The asterisks instead of the drive's serial number is further evidence of this failure. If this is a Dell notebook, you may be able to use a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE Adapter and plug the problem drive into a PC's secondary IDE cable as master or on the end of a Cable Select cable, and recover your data when it is not in use as a boot drive, but the signs are not promising.
The adapter mentioned is one like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-5-HD-to-3-5-I...1QQihZ012QQcategoryZ74949QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

9200 BIOS PASSWORD ... Hellllllllllllllllllllllp

Hello there ... New to this forum ... I see that there has been help in the past for resetting the bios password

I purchased this laptop in another provence while i was on holiday there. The laptop was already running when I first looked at it ... however after I got it home and tried to boot it ... The messagfe i got was as follows

This computer system, #BMB7961-595B is protected by a password authentication system ...........
Please enter in the primary or Administrator password and press enter

I phoned Dell but they wouldnt help due to i couldnt tell them who originally purchased the computer

Anyone who can help me with this i will be greatfull
thanks

Hello everyone. Another Newbie with a story. I too have a Dell. An Inspiron 9300 to be precise. Of course with an authentication password that i don't know. I have read 3 days worth of threads so i wouldn't upset anyone. The only conclussion that I've come up with is that rustam_ the great answers alot of posts and that I need a little more info on how to do the paperclip trick in the event that rustam_ is unable to help me. My service tag is #3SX1891-595B. So if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Rustam I'm in deperate need of your help. I have a dell inspiron 8000 laptop that I am trying to fix for a friend, however a bios password is required. He doesn't know anything about thr computer as it was given to him by his aunt who purchased it from a friend. Can you kinly help me with this password? The service tag is 9fhpm01

Password clearing by EEProm shorting

If you want to try the EEProm chip shorting which will work on the Inspiron 8000, contact me at my Email address posted in my profile. It also works on the 9200 and 9300, but I do not have a location picture for the 9200. The newer models with Dual Core/Core 2 Duo and later CPUS can not be cleared this way; Dell changed to a 25 series EEProm chip which does not respond to the shorting technique. A few of the earlier model Inspirons plus the Latitude LS and L400 use an alternative BIOS and can not be cleared by EEProm shorting, but disconnecting/unsoldering/removing the CMOS battery for several hours and leaving the laptop unpowered will clear some of those. I presently have an Inspiron 2600 board that was cleared this way and an older Inspiron 7000 the same way. The Inspiron 1000 will not clear either way and I have yet to figure that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back