Dell Inspiron laptop IE page will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFHappy

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop 1501 and it is in an almost new condition even thought it is over a year old. I recently did a bunch of virus scans, thinking I had a virus, or I was afraid I had one. After all the scans, I had no virus or trojans at all. I ran a powerful program called SDFix. After that last scan, I lost my wireless connection - my IE page won't open.

In device Manager, under Networking, I have 2 listings - no red x's or anything:
1 - Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Minicard
2. - Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

There is a strong signal in the green bars in the tray... no problem finding the signal. Just that IE won't open up to a page. I also have this Dell Network Assistant and when asked to connect, it says I have no problem at all.

Can you please help me? I would appreciate it so much.

You are probably going to benefit from a tech or an experienced friend. SDRix has damaged some of your install, and fixing it is not easy for the uninitiated. Were it my machine, I would simply reformat and reinstall using the recovery/restore disk that came with the machine.

So the IE wont open at all or your getting a blank page? If you are getting a blank page there are a couple things i can suggest. The page not opening at all makes me think that there is some sort of software or running process keeping it from opening!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back