Dell inspiron laptop. Keyboard driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
I'm using a Dell inspiron laptop with Windows xp home SP2.
My problem is as follows.

The device driver for the Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver.

Can any one help me to fix this problem, I'm not vey experienced so step by step instructions would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

I'd recommend downloading a new driver from here. Click on the 'click here to download' thing, if Internet Explorer says that it stopped files from dowloading, then right click on the place where it says that and click download file. then click download.
if it doesnt say it blocked files from downloading, then just click download. after it is done downloading, click 'open folder', and the double-click on the file. if it gives a security warning, click 'run'. i think the installation process should be pretty self-explanatory, at least i sure hope so, cuz i never actually did it myself. but if you got any questions just ask :)
hope this helps
--kitty

Hi

Dell have a complete set of drivers for all laptops,

Go here and enter your service tag ( its under the laptop on a sticker) then choose your OS and go from there...

Be seeing you....

kitty500cat said:
I'd recommend downloading a new driver from here. Click on the 'click here to download' thing, if Internet Explorer says that it stopped files from dowloading, then right click on the place where it says that and click download file. then click download.
if it doesnt say it blocked files from downloading, then just click download. after it is done downloading, click 'open folder', and the double-click on the file. if it gives a security warning, click 'run'. i think the installation process should be pretty self-explanatory, at least i sure hope so, cuz i never actually did it myself. but if you got any questions just ask :)
hope this helps
--kitty

Hi again, discovered that problem was being caused by Adobie Device manager 4. I removed this and system is now going to standby. Thanks again for trying.

Ididmyc600 said:
Hi

Dell have a complete set of drivers for all laptops,

Go here and enter your service tag ( its under the laptop on a sticker) then choose your OS and go from there...

Be seeing you....

Hi again, discovered that problem was being caused by Adobie Device manager 4. I removed this and system is now going to standby. Thanks again for trying.

Hello guys, recently i cannot use my "N" "B" "Spacebar" & "Arrow" keys on my dell laptop. I came across this forum which provide some links for keyboard drivers so it is save for me to download the drivers for my "Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard device"? Or is there another other solutions to my problem? Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back