Dell inverter board part number???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new on here, and have just been through Dell Hell once again. I have an inspiron 1200 laptop with a 15 inch screen, and my inverter or ccfl tube quit working. I have searched online, but am only finding parts for the one with the 14 inch screen. Maybe they are the same part, I am not sure, but cant take this apart, as I need my computer, so I am trying to find the part beforehand. Dell told me, after going through 100000000 hours of runaround, that I have to replace the whole screen. Does anyone know if this is true? If not, does anyone know where I can find out the part number? This is making me insane! I would really appreciate any help on this.

I'm afraid that you'll have to replace the whole LCD panel, as Dell told you. The inverter is part of the LCD... Sorry- $350 from Impact Computers

Hey, thanks,[I think]. I have spent countless hours trying to find something out. Not good news, but at least now I know. The thing quit working about a month after the warranty ran out, go figure. No more dell for me, anyways thanks a lot for the help.

Yeah, I am a guitar player, Les Paul Studio, Boss GT-8. some assorted stompboxes, and an Ibanez Tone Blaster amp, the amp is soon to be replaced, as it is horrible, in my opinion. I would like to buy a few hundred more stompboxes, guitars, etc., but I just play in my living room for fun, so thats too much money to spend for that. What do you play? Instrument-wise and kind of music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back