Dell laptop reset bios admin password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

guys, download the dst-cd and boot your laptops with it. then change or remove the service tag and voila the bios configure password (which I think you are talking about) is gone. reboot and see for the bios settings are free to change. remember you should put in your correct service tag again to avoid warranty problems.

here you find the dst-cd iso:

http://www.download.centre4service.com/software1.html

password: smellyalater

hope this helps you!
mscrx

erm, you can do that. press f12 during the dell post screen to get the one time boot menu and from there you select your optical drive

yes 520 is one of the newer generations but I think I already tested this procedure on my company laptop, a D820, and it worked.
Anyways I think its worth a try, isn't it?

cheers, mscrx

oh my. you're right, thanks! I should go to bed now :)

and for the d510 I am 100% sure it works with the method I described. no need to short something in order to reset the bios configure password.

Thankx all for your help. I managed to reset bois password by changing the service tag. It worked like a charm on a D510. Because boot was locked on HDD I had to make HDD with service tag reset software on it. You are all wizards, guys!

mscrx said:
guys, download the dst-cd and boot your laptops with it. then change or remove the service tag and voila the bios configure password (which I think you are talking about) is gone. reboot and see for the bios settings are free to change. remember you should put in your correct service tag again to avoid warranty problems.

here you find the dst-cd iso:

http://www.download.centre4service.com/software1.html

password: smellyalater

hope this helps you!
mscrx

This CD WON'T boot if you have a BIOS password! How many more times do I have to say this! I tired it on a C400 and D400.

please READ before you post your st**** comments!
and to answer your question:
you can say this for as long as you need to get that you are talking about the system password. wake up!
this one and the other thread are about the BIOS CONFIGURE PASSWORD

ffs

I am NOT talking about the system password FFS!

There are 3 password options:
Primary
Admin
System (hard disk)

If Primary is set (which is the first and most obvious one to set), then this disk won't boot.
Go and test first instead of shooting your mouth off and making yourself look like a ****.
HTH.

Mave

sorry but read above and see that we are talking about the CONFIGURE pw as it is called admin pw on some models. nobody is talking about the primary or sytem pw here, get it?

why would laurp say:

Thankx all for your help. I managed to reset bois password by changing the service tag. It worked like a charm on a D510. Because boot was locked on HDD I had to make HDD with service tag reset software on it. You are all wizards, guys!

???????????? because of primary or system pw??

reading is the key

my laptop is locked with a bios password and dell will not help me unlock it. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME! I am in a Doctoral Program and all of my files are on this damn laptop.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9200
Service Tag: 19NH461-595B
Express Code: 2760407641

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back