Dell Latitude C400 Bios Password Protected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen several people with the same problem. My daughter received a Dell Latitude C400 from her boss and it was working. Somehow the bios password got set and I cannot resolve it. I have spoken with Dell support and they generated a passwork that did not work. I have also tried to use latitude.exe with the same results. I have read that it will not work with a service code ending in -595B. I have also read that member name removed can get around this problem. Can anyone help.

Service Code #5HCW311-595B
Express Service Code 11933488981

Thanks in advance

Hi jaa55 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say which password is set, it can be 1 of 2.

1 is easy gotten rid of, the other not so easy.

Removed not required text

Regards

Thanks, removed not required text. I am trying to avoid using that because the laptop did not come with the floppy disk so it would be to run your program to put the service tag back. It is the bios password.

If there is no floppy disk Jaas55 then your only option is to build a bootable hard drive as per the site instructions, or if it can boot from USB use the USB key DST.

Regards

Thanks,
That may be my only option. I contacted member name removed and got a couple of replies, one that said that he got a different master password than Dell gave me and asked me to contact Dell again but than I have not heard from him for a week now.

please read the faqs in the laptop forum and post there next time with laptop questions.

The service code you post here is incorrect for the Dell Latitude C400... It is a six-digit code... not a 12-digit. If this was sold as a Dell Refurb, the tag has been changed by them... to prevent service.

Bootable floppy disks for that model, that fit into the external drive bay that contains the CD drive, are interchangeable with the optical drive... and are usually available on eBay for $5 to $10... see site not required

Talk to Dell again, but before you do change their registration with your name and address so it shows you as the owner with your name, address, and phone number.

Then wait 5 business days for the updated registration to be available to them.

Moderator Edit:
Dell should reply next day

hi, to everybody

I have problems with dell inspiron 1525 bios password, I paid in ebay for guide with the master program for it, but not works any boot.
If some can help me, please!!! and sent to me a works master password for this:

service tag #1NBL1H1
express service code: 3586961845

thx a lot.

I am new here so I don't know if I need to put my email, let me know.

Moderator Edit:
No emails on the public forum
Read here on help removing your password
: Dell Bios Password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting.
The below post, gave the best first answer required !

Dell Bios Password

The only way I ever got the master password for my Dell laptop is through Dell support. It took a couple of times, the first time they gave me a password it did not work. The second time I call I got a different person and he was able to get me a master password that worked.

Good Luck

Thanks for the final update jaas55

All the above posts were not helpful, except for Tedster who stated to check the faqs in the laptop forum

As there is already a huge thread going on about this, (and has been for many years, even when you first created this thread!) I am closing this thread, especially due to so many poor support replies.

Members should always try Dell first (and support members should always state this)
Or better yet, just say look here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post610782-4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back