Dell latitude cpi/cp will not run off of good battery, service tag disapears

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hotbounce Hi guys, I have a problem I've never ran into before, I have been playing around with a few of the old dell latitudes one cp and one cpi. I have a know working battery that I'm using, I start up the cp and hit f2 to go into set up, and push the battery in when I get to the setup on the battery it says it isn't installed even if i pull the cd rom and install it their. I think I have some problem in the charging system but I don't have any digrams to find the problem. So if any of you have had this or similar problem and you have any ideas of suggestions, or the digrams for the cp or cpi latitudes I would greatly appreciate the help. :hotouch: :hotouch:

I have the same problem with my latitude CPi I got response on the dell forums. one guy sugested: Try another battery - if it is also not recognized, you've got a mainboard problem. let me know if you find another solution...

If a known working battery will not charge correctly, you have a voltage rectifier problem on the main board. Your motherboard will require professional service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back