Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently received a Latitude D400, and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work. I've researched all over the internet, and have even came across some files from someone nice. I even had a local computer shop take a look at it (they've dealt with this before) and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password. I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board, and how to short the pins out. I am asking if someone could please E-MAIL me, every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password. I also live in canada so I don't know if I'll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip. Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs. So please! can someone email me, pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated. Thanks.

You can reach me at: motive4murder@hotmail.com

I also have a dell inspiron 8100, is there anything I can use off there, or is there A way I can hook up the 2 systems and bypass/then erase the password from there?

Reset Password

Hi

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

Regards

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)

This is your windows password right? Why do all that work!

Read Up
http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Download the 3 mb iso, burn to cd and boot,

Options are really easy,
1.Select windows partition
2.Choose account to modify
3.Regedit/password remove/edit password
4.Choose new password or remove the entire PW
5.Save changes.
6.Reboot, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.