Dell xps and install of a bfg 7800 gs card

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffader

I have a Dell XPS with 3gigs of ram, 2.2 ghz processor, and it had a factory installed nvida card, a g-force 5200 i believe. The problem is I am trying to install a BFG g-force 7800 GS OC. I installed it into the computer with no problem, but when I turned on the computer the monitor displays no monitor attached. I tried a diffrent monitor just to make sure and its still the same thing. I went into BIOS and all I can do is change the AGP apperture to 256mb which is what the the card is, but still nothing. So my question is, am I doing anything wrong? Is it DELL? I have installed 30 cards so I know the proceedure and have checked all the obvious, I just don't want to assume the card is bad just yet! Thanks...

You plug in the molex power cord to it? Probably did because I think it screams at you if you don't.

Perhaps your PSU isn't up to the task.

Ya, I plugged it in, I can hear that it start up just fine threw the speakers, it just does show me anything but a black screen so I put the old one back in, just fine. I think maybe the card is just bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back