Designing a web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Designing a web site

I have been designing a web site using FrontPage but I have no idea about the HTML language. Can you give me some suggestions on Web sites and books to get some basic information about using HTML.

If you can learn how to design in HTML, I think you will like it better than using FrontPage, as you can get things EXACTLY where you want it. Whereas on FrontPage, it might not fit exctly where you want it, but it works.

When all else fails try using www.google.com. You should be able to find anything on there!

Try learning to code a website by hand using nothing but notepad - that way you will understand what is actually going on.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Try learning to code a website by hand using nothing but notepad - that way you will understand what is actually going on.

I second that. You might want to d/l a reference library (like this one: http://www.htmlib.demon.co.uk/) when you're coding using a text editor. Once you've mastered it, you won't go back to any other HTML ide editors as they are rather slow.. IMO.

For coding by hand, I use notetab pro. It's worth the $19 especially for a beginner. Once you save the file as a .htm or whatever, it will color code your tags so it is easier to find where you may have messed something up. It also has a handy toolbar button to preview the page in your browser. (It will color code perl files, too.)

It also has built in libraries of code and you can create your own library of code snippets. I even talked them into getting it for me at work and now about 20 of us have it for all kinds of different applications. It's always one of the first 5 programs I install on a computer at home or at work.

http://www.notetab.com/

Man, I sound like I must work for their marketing department. I will shut up now.

Yeah, I was surfing around and accidentally hit the last page button instead of what I meant and didn't realize it until I hit submit. Oh well, now we get to see the website thewolfe created. =) Lots of stuff on there, I will browse after work!

My site is in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back