Desktop armour cwsinfection???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez7

Hello to all!

After cleaning all my pc I decided to install desktop armour guard .I then scanned to make sure all was ok but found cws registry K trojan with xoftspy.So I took pictures of what I found and will attach here.As soon as I uninstall armour guard the values and cws registry Ktrojan are now gone.I tried deleting just the html values but they keep coming back as soon as I restart even if all done in safemode.The only way to totally remove the values are to uninstall the program.I would like to know if this program is safe to use or not since I keep getting those corrupted values with xoftspy or is it some kind of false positive.(nothing seems to go wrong with my computer installed or not)Thanks

Attachments

• cws2.gif
    cws2.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
  • cws3.gif
    cws3.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
  • cws4 value is gone.gif
    cws4 value is gone.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 6
hi .
i have tried that same programme 'xoftspy' and it gave me false positives too.

realblackstuff gave me a link once to read up on the dodgey programmes, ie, 'false positives' and it was one of them.

Quote from here: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#xos_note

Note on XoftSpy: XoftSpy was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives (1, 2, 3, 4), questionable license terms, and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2), including exploitation of the name "spybot" by affiliates. Earlier versions of XoftSpy were also Ad-aware knockoffs. (There was clone of XoftSpy named SpyBurn, but that application is no longer available.)

Over the past few months, XoftSpy has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising), revised its license text, and released a new version of XoftSpy (version 4.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard XoftSpy as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

but if you want to be sure, follow these instructions link, and then post a hjt log.

Thanks very much for the help with this.Like i mentionned i have no problems with my pc.Just that i wanted to install the desktop armour guard and had just found those infections in it.The only program picking anything up is the xoftspy. I tried ewido,spybot search and destroy, lavasoft my own antivirus nod32 and trendmicro with no problems.Just found it curious that xoftspy did pick it up and wanted to make sure that armour guard was safe to use and from all the trials done here i think it's ok to say that desktop armour guard is safe to install then correct?.Which therefore means that xoftspy is not very reliable and if used make sure and find out what you remove cause it may be a false positive.Thanks very much for the help

already did cwshredder more then once and different versions got them from different sites.Like i said found no problems except for the xoftspy scan

It`s more than likely, this is a false positive in xoftspy, which may or may not be a good programme. My advice would be to uninstall xoftspy.

Stick to the tried and tested programmes, such as Ad-Aware se/Spybot search and destroy etc.

If in doubt. Take a look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Exactly what i did already uninstalled the xoftspy.All's well, running great.Thanks for the help.Learning lots from reading here and all the great help and info from people here is awesome.Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back