Desparate for help - Can only boot into safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought my crashes were happening because of my video card. Im guessing it isnt the case. I bought a new nvidia evga 7600gt (replacing a 6600LE) and im still getting bsod's after I log into my pc.

Can someone decrypt the Minidump I have posted? I really want to find out what is causing this... I cant seem to narrow. I have uninstalled and reinstalled practically all drivers on my system, to no avail.

Attached is a few minidumps. Here is from the the event viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000081, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x867c5888). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081106-11.dmp.

If anyone can debug them that would be awesome. I cant install the debug tools from M$ to try to debug them.

thanks in advance!

Have you tried removing all graphics drivers in safe mode? What wattage is your psu? Has your pc worked fine in the past, if so, what components have you changed since?

cheezehead said:
If anyone can debug them that would be awesome.

HI

I took a look at your minidump and they all crash at because of

ntoskrnl.exe

This I am lead to believe is a symptom of faulty / bad /mismatched /incorrect memory,

The advice given is to download Memtest86 and fully check the memory, the fault can also be, as advised, a faulty or failing PSU or one that is seriously underpowered, look at this site for a free PSU load test program.

Regards

Hi,
Thanks for the info all!
It stopped working when I took my pc over to my friends a couple houses down. After logging in, it would go to a black screen. It had done this before and I ended up having to reinstall the nforce drivers for the chipset, and then the video card drivers. This time it didnt work. So, I thought maybe it was time to get a new video card. I bought a new xfx 7600gt. I put it in and same thing. I had already uninstalled the video drivers before i installed the card. I was able to remove them in safe mode.
After trying to install the new drivers in safe mode, it still happed, black screen after logging in.
I had already run the memtest and it passed 11 tests. Maybe its the psu as someone suggested. Im going to try the psu load tester and see if i can get any info out of it.

thanks!

Its definitely a good possibility that the psu is faulty or underpowered, i have seen many a fault fixed by replacing a psu with a better quality and more powerful one. I had the problem once when i only had a cheap 300watt psu, i replaced it with an eye-t 450watt and it works fine to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back