Desperate Please Help! (Counter Strike: Source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_sinner

I am receiving multiple errors running counter strike source. The one listed below is my main concern at this time. I am curious on what (support for this will go away soon means).

Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface.
Support for this will go away soon.
- Material : de_dust/groundsand_blend
- Surface center : -912 64 -16
Warning: using WorldTwoTextureBlend on a non-displacement surface (material: de_dust/groundsand_blend). Support forthis will go away soon.

Heres a pic of whats going on...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/ghost_sinner/untitled.jpg

I opened the console and this message showed up under rendering. I have been playing 1.6 and I'm pissed and want to play source, but I am on a friends computer and can't convince him to upgrade.

I'll load into the game in the lowest possible graphics settings. I've turned HDR off. It's also running in DirectX 7, for that's the only way I can even get the game to run.

When I am in game I can see limited textures. There are black spikes streching accross the screen in every direction. Also when I enter the character selection screen all the textures on the models are multi-colored rainbow.

I beleive this is all caused by low memory due to the onboard video. It's spliting the 512 mb that is on the motherboard. 128mb twords the video card and 384mb are free, although it's only alowing approx; 156-7mb available.I've also gone into the bios and tried all the memory settings possible and it always does the same thing. I was wondering if having multiple profiles on windows would be the reason for so much memory usage. I'm not sure if that's the problem though because I though windows only will load one profiles settings at a time.

The Computer:
Compaq Presario: SR1550NX
Athlon 64 3400+ 2.4Ghz
384mb Ram (156mb available)
SiS 760 128mb DirectX 9.0c (Latest Driver 6.14.0010.3750)

I figured witht his set up it should at least be able to handle counter strike source. It handles half-life 2 on low settings fine. One other thing. When I play Half-Life 2 under DirectX 7 it does the same thing but works fine under DirextX8.1 and 9.0 but counter strike fails to load at these settings.

I just found out that there is something that has been updated in the games engine that doesn't effect half-life but the SDK and source if this is any help at all. Also I tried running Hammer through the shortcut in my folder without opening the SDK and it says

Error:
can't find steam app user info...

Thanks for the Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back