Desperate to resolve my problem, please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasadavi

Desperate to resolve my problem, please help me! DVD-Rom not recognising DVD-RW

Hi every one,

I bought a new DVD sony 202 E camcorder, recorded a DVD-RW disc in it, tried to play it on my laptop which has a DVD-Rom & CD-RW combo drive.

My dvd-rom drive doesnt recognise the dvd-rw inserted in it and it was recognising the dvd-rw as a blank dvd..... and was giving me different options to burn it....

I installed the Power DVD software and tried to play the movie by just clicking at the source as D drive which is the DVD-Rom drive, and the movie was played at its best....

I just wanna see my dvd-rom recognising the dvd-rw disc inserted in it so that i can just copy all these stuff to my hard disk and format the dvd-rw.

please help me dudes...

thanx in advance....

Your DVD ROM drive may not support the camcorder DVD format. What is your DVD ROM/CD-RW model and what is your camcorder DVD format?

help me in regard to my dvd-rom

my camcorder model is sony dvd 202 e whereas my dvd-rom model is toshiba dvd rom sd-r 2412....

the drive is not reading the dvd-rw on which I recorded some stuff, but power dvd is playing the movie continously... but i wanna read the stuff and save it to the hard disk dudes... pleas ehelp me

thanx in advance...

I think I misunderstood a bit on your first post. When you look at the DVD through Windows Explorer, can you see any files?

any one help me out please?

nope i cant see any files in the windows explorer either...
when the disk is not been recognised by my dvd rom how can i view the files in the windows explorer?

why are posting the same post multiple times??

between sony and toshiba dont go together, the format from one will not be supported in another

but since u say that it can be opened from Power DVD so best hope is to try capture using some software.
:grinthumb

Sounds like you want a DVD video ripper - do a google search and you'll find any number of freeware/shareware/retail utilities that will do the job. Realize that each DVD will take a large abount of hard disk space (I don't know the capacity of DVD camcorder DVDs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back