Desperately Seeking Salvation…. After 24 hours in the trenches...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelcoIQ

Desperately Seeking Salvation…. After 24 plus hours in the trenches

Been wrestling with a very similar problem for sometime and tried to follow these same steps with only partial success. I have been using counterspy and have been able to rid myself the annoying tray icon, but I still get pop ups and notice that the same programs continue to reinstall themselves upon reboot.

Figured I would start off by give you the HJT Log..

Attachments

• hjt.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is badly infected with lots of nasties.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log into this thread, only after doing the above.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of TelcoIQ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

should i try to do the manuel removal process suggested by trend micro... making an effort to... but its giving me a lot of trouble... trying another scan

TelcoIQ said:
should i try to do the manuel removal process suggested by trend micro... making an effort to... but its giving me a lot of trouble... trying another scan

No, if something can`t be removed automatically, leave it and move on to the next step.

Regards Howard :)

still working at it...

Been playing with this thing for hours... and once i rebooted (after following all the instructions) i still saw a one pop up. A few folders like C:\Program Files\ToolBar888 have regenerated. :dead:

(and may have managed to convince my computer that the version of windows i am running is a counterfit :dead: )

Posting my new hjt doc... hoping we can still get this worked out. Thanks for any help you can give

By the way... i ran a few scans and keep seeing C:\program files\common files\y1123ou.exe and y1123oa.exe... but i cant find them from the command line or otherwise to blow them out.

For a start, you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. This probably accounts for a lot of your infections. Get the free AVG antivirus programme and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes. Google for these.

Install the firewall first, followed by AVG and reboot your system. Run the AVG updates, then do the following.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name. See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete whatever it finds.

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Download and run these three tools. Follow the instructions for using each tool.

Tool1. Tool2. Tool3.

Download Brute Force Uninstaller http://www.merijn.org/files/bfu.zip and unzip it to it’s own folder (c:\BFU).

Right click on this link http://metallica.geekstogo.com/EGDACCESS.bfu and choose 'Save As' (or 'Save Target As) in order to download EGDACCESS Remover. Save it in the folder you made earlier (c:\BFU).

Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by double clicking BFU.exe

In the scriptline to execute copy and paste c:\bfu\EGDACCESS.bfu
Press execute and let it do its job.

Wait for the complete script execution box to popup and press OK.
Press exit to terminate the BFU program.

Once that's done, post a fresh HijackThis log.

Tool 3 is a dead link... it worked... but looktome is not really working... i follow the instructions but nothing comes up....

Wow... (don't want to speak to soon, but...)

Looking good for now.... nothing seems to be going crazy anymore. but i have not run another spybot scan or virus scan... here is the log

smart A** comment

I've been bitting my tung waiting for you to get a solution before reacting to your title
Desperately Seeking Salvation​
when you're in the trenches fighting the deamons, some smart A** comment can really tick you off -- so I sat here just waiting ...

comment: Salvation does not come from computers nor even those that that fix them. Computers are just a 20th century version of Dante's Inferno!

by now, you might strongly agree :)

J.B.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name. See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

wuauclt.exe There may be two entries for this file. One is genuine, the other is not. End them both. The genuine entry will restart after we`ve finished cleaning your system.

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad).Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DIGServices] C:\Program Files\ESPNRunTime\DIGServices.exe /brand=ESPN /priority=0 /poll=24

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Gpblsckb] C:\WINDOWS\system32\MANTEC~1\wuauclt.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Dial - C:\Program Files\Telephony Toolbar\conf\dialIE.htm

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\logonui.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwil32 - winwil32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MANTEC~1\wuauclt.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\logonui.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

This thread is for the use of TelcoIQ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Mission Accomplished?

Howard... you may not be Jesus... and my PC may have in fact been the domain of demon spawn ... what ever it was/is...

I think the worst is over... and I’m "eternally" grateful

hjt file attached ... last sweep with ewido yielded only a few cookies.

As far as I can tell, that HJT log looks clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back