"Detecting Array..." Problem, I've tried EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demongo

Hi, If I don't get a soluotion soon Im going to have to kill myslef and I don't wont to do that(I know you dont really give a damn but stil...)

I Have my computer

Motherboard Gygabyte Dual Bios GA-K8NF9 Ultra
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core
1 gb RAM
nVidia GeForce 6800 GS
Western Digital 160 GB and 2 of 40 GB

(Tell me if you need more info ill try to find out)

I shut it down completly normally one day, and after about 7 hours started it again but no...after the Windows Xp loading screen it became black for about 5 mins- Black screen and then suddenly the Blue Screen of Death the one with the Memory Dump something... After that it restarted automaticly after 3 seconds started up and then comes the screen with

MediaShield IDE ROM BIOS 4.43
Copyright (c) 2005 NVIDIA Corp.

Detecting Array .....

And nothing (stuck so hard you couldn't crack with an axe.)

Now when I said I've tried everything I ment that I went over all the forums and questions and soloutins thru google, and tried all the soloutions that are:

Disabling RAID in BIOS (was already disabled)
Removing and placing the CMOS Battery
Disconnecting the Drivers (CD and Burner)
Reseting CMOS/BIOS
Checked cables
Changing the RAM slot, changing a RAM stick

What is it? What could have possible happend/changed in those couple of hours or at that last shutdown.

P.s. Sometimes when I turn it on after the Windows XP loadin it runs a CHKDISC scan but finds no problems and from there it freezes for 5 mins and then the Detecting Array screen

I am posting this from my moms comp, my other comp is currently on the floor with his belly opened...just if ur wondering..

If any one can plz plz help me with this &*%$ it would be more than wonderfull!

Well.. Are the two 40GB drives in a RAID array?

You should test the system RAM and test all the hard drives with the HD maker's diagnostics utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back