Determining Video Card Hardware Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to figure this out. I've used the device manager, but it doesn't say video card specifically. Just audio, video, game controllers. Is this where my video card is located? I'm not all that computer literate so any help you can offer would be much appreciated. I'm just trying to play a DVD on my computer. First i thought i needed a new decoder which i downloaded and now the error message and resulting "support" is saying I have compatibility issues between the decoder and my video card. Where is my video card? Any thoughts?

It's under the display adapters tab in Device Manager. BTW, I think u must need codecs right? Try downloading the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Full from here. Use any of the first three link on that page to download the installer and when u install it, it will bring u to a page with all these check boxes and stuff. Just take some time to scroll down and check every box u can find (except the Morgan mixer or whatever it's called). Then try running ur DVD.

It Worked!

Thanks, I did what you told me to and I can now play a DVD on my computer. I really appreciate your help. Cheers!

Jryder said:
I went under the display adapters tab and it read SIS M760GX--this is my video card?
Yes that is your video card. It's an integrated one but it'll do for playing DVDs and the like.
Jryder said:
Thanks, I did what you told me to and I can now play a DVD on my computer. I really appreciate your help. Cheers!
Don't mention it man. We're here to help. And Welcome to TechSpot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back