Detonator 40.41 for Windows XP/2000 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

Just installed these new drivers and received around 600-700 more 3DMarks! :eek:

However, most noticably was the "nature test" which clearly ran at over 25-50fps HIGHER than before. :eek:

Very impressed with new drivers that have unleashed more power at of my already superb TI4200.

Overall, there is a noticeable performance improvement, so I recommend you install them pronto! :grinthumb

Yer, i saw some people with increase of 1700 points :eek: .. just going to bench now!
Now this is why i bought my card rather than the Radeon8500:grinthumb

Cucumber

Just installed the new 40.41 drivers, but now I'm getting a wierd message every time I boot up my machine. Says something about "nvqtwk.dll not registering" or something like that. So I checked out RivaTurner and apparently the nvqtwk.dll is still version 30.82.

What's up with this?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm using a GeForce 2 MX400 and Windows XP.

It sounds like the older version is not compatible with new one if u just upgraded over top of it.

Try uninstalling driver properly, rebooting, install 40.12 and reboot again.

Snowy-

Well, I uninstalled the drivers and then rebooted, then installed the drivers from scratch, and then rebooted again. Now it can't even find the nvqtwk.dll. :confused: Perhaps I should just stick with the 30.82 drivers?

But I'm really drooling for that 25% increased performance I've been hearing about. :D

Originally posted by Darminato
But I'm really drooling for that 25% increased performance I've been hearing about. :D

I don't think your GF2 MX400 card is going to see much improvement anyway as these drivers, although Unified, are still more optimized towards the newest GF4 cards which see the most increased performance. Remember, its does not say its 25% more but rather anything up to 25% in increase performance. :blush:

If your a serious gamer, I would upgrade to a GF4 TI4200 card at the very least which are priced very reasonable and would be a massive leap in raw performance from your current (very) low-end GF2 MX card. :cool:

As Snowy said you need to make sure your old drivers are TOTALY uninstalled before installing the new ones.

Try removing them from device manager and also doing it from add/remove programs.

This worked for me.

Also I found this:

The new 40.41 Detonators' Control Panel doesn't work if you had installed a localized older Detonator before. To solve the problem, simply delete the 2 obsolete Files nvrsXX.dll and nvcpXX.hlp in your windowssystem32 folder , where XX is your language code. Additionally the file nvqtwk.dll from older drivers isn't needed anymore so you should also delete it to be sure.

The new drivers also include a handy refresh rate fix if you fiddle with your registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:00000001

Enjoy :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back