Device driver error.......again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvrslep303

Sorry for posting and bothering you guys but i am having a serious problem.

My computer keeps restarting itself and flashing a blue screen real fast.(bsod)

I set it to not restart so i could read it but it hasn't done it yet.

It usually restarts when i am surfing the web. I tried using firefox instead of IE but it still does it. It has only happened twice outside of IE/FF. It did it when i was playing Battlefield 2 and City of Heroes.

I'm using an ASUS P5B Wifi-AP motherboard and I updated the BIOS.

Im using a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo.

Can anybody help me?

Can somebody please help me?

I read the blue screen it says

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP: 0x000000A

(0x000000E8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,0x906E4A16)

sounds possibly like a driver or malware problem to me

download and run (if you don't already have them): spybot s&d, avg free and lavasoft ad-aware

also make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card

post back with your results and we'll go from there

I have downloaded the Gefore 8 series driver and i got the latest one (Forceware Release 158)

and I have ran numorous programs like ad-aware and such but it still happens.

It happened twice while trying to access this site. I had to switch to another computer to write back. How am I supposed to find out which driver it is? My friend was trying to help me, and we figured out that it wasn't the ram, the processor or anything else but we cannot get it to stop.

Your dumps are unreadable by the debugger. Usually you would only get one or two out of five that are unreadable, so I'm not sure why that is. Using notepad two of the dumps have crashed at usbhub.sys. You might start by looking at what USB devices you have.

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000002,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xB9F70259)
usbhub.sys - Address B9F70259 base at B9F6C000, DateStamp 41107d68

I checked the driver manager and went under the USB section and there were no Yellow, ?'s or !'s.

The Generic USB Hub was version 5.1.2600.0 .

All of my "Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller -283_" (_ = 1-6 and A) are version 8.0.0.1008

The USB Composite Device is v 5.1.2600.0

And all 7 of the USB Root Hub's are v 5.1.2600.2180 .

It says they are all working properly, and i couldn't find a good file of the usbhub.sys online. They only had updates for the USB drivers for SP1 and i have SP2.

Man i wish this would go away.

Cat 5?

Since it crashes when I use the internet at the usbhub.sys, would using a cat 5 instead of a USB to connect to the internet help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back