Device Driver problems while running games

Status
Not open for further replies.
System specs:
BBATI 9800 Pro, w/ Arctic Silencer AS3 on it instead of the stock cooler, running stock settings.
MSI K8N Neo Platinum (MS-7030)
A64 3200+ S754, running stock.
2xCrucial Ballistix 512MB PC3200 sticks, running stock.
Netgear wireless LAN card,
On board Audio,
OCZ Powerstream 420W.

As the title states, I have problems caused by device derivers in a few games. Mainly, it happpens while playing in Madden 05 and in the beta version of DDO:Stormreach.
When playing Madden 05, if I have the on boards sound card enabled, I get frequent errors. When it is disabled, I rarely get errors, but when I do get errors, windows classifies them as stop errors in the device driver.
When playing the DDO beta, I get errors every few minutes of playing. Mostly they cause a crash to windows, but rarely they will cause the computer to reboot. I can't report those errors; if I try to, the computer gets stuck and I have to reboot.
I'm going to try to run both games with an old SB Live! 5.1 I have in another computer. I just reinstalled Cat 5.11 after running Driver Cleaner Pro, following its readme step-by-step.
I also thought the problem might be installing the GPA Siliencer incorrectly, such as misapplying the thermal paste. Is there a chance it causes the problems, due to overheating or something? If so, should I buy some arctic silver and reinstall it?
Thanks for any help,
Prexus

Onboard audio tends to cause alot of problems , especially in games. The SB Live card is a world better and will give you better frame rate because the processor wont have to deal with audio anymore.

While not exactly an SB Live, I did move in an older Creative audio card. It helps with Madden, as Madden is now 100% error free.
Alas, the DDO beta version still causes errors - Stop error caused by a device driver errors. Anything I should try to solve that problem?
Thanks,
Prexus

I didn't update driver to that yet. Sounds like a good idea...
Also, it crashed again, and I got the following error message:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
does this info help/change anything?
Thanks,
Prexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back