Device problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

Can some tell me whats wrong with the devices listed in the picture below, I know that the red x means that the device is disabled but when I go into the properties it says This device is working properly. its not causing any problems with the computer but I just want to know whats wrong. ps you may need to zoom in on the picture.

Attachments

• screen capture (1).JPG
    screen capture (1).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
How come those devices are disabled?

What happens when you try to enable the devices?

Right click on the devices one at a time and select enable, then look at the properties and see what it says.

Regards Howard :cool:

Mmm strange indeed.

Do you have the option to scan for hardware changes when you right click a device? And if so what happens when you do a scan?

Obviously the devices must be working otherwise your system probably wouldn`t run.

Have you tried doing a repair install as per this thread

Regards Howard :)

I tryed scaning for changes but noting happened, so I tryed just restarting the computer and I now keeps saying that message in the picture, the message wont go away when I press ok it just keeps coming up again and again.

Attachments

• screen capture.JPG
    screen capture.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 14
Boot into safe mode and see what happens.

If you can get into safemode check in your device manager and see if you can enable the devices.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

ok i turned the pc off then turned it back on and tryed to go into safe mode but the only thing that happened was it showed a blue screen with loads of writing but i couldnt read it cause it only showed for 3 secs. now the computer wont start up so i have to use my compaq with isnt very good. what do i do now

Oh dear.

Open up your case, and disconnect anything not required to boot your machine.

Just leave the Cpu/ram/hdd.

Check all connections, and cables, and make sure everything is seated correctly.

Blow out any dust and debris.

Now try to boot your system.

If your machine boots, then add one device at a time and reboot, untill you find the defective hardware.

Please post back with the results.

If you still cannot boot, then see if you can boot from you Windows cd, and try doing the repair install I linked to in my second post in this thread.

ok i have done what u said and the computer booted then shut down, then kepted doing that about 5 times then windows started then it said windows has recovered from a critical error, then it said devices or applications have been disabled and then i said some more things but i didnt get to read it. its working now il try turning it off and on again.

Check in your device manager again.

Are the same devices disabled?

If so, It looks like your mobo may be going bad.

You might also want to download and run the memtest programme from www.memtest.org. Let it run for at least seven passes. This will tell you if you`ve got any ram errors.

It really is a case of isolating the bad component/s

can u help me with another problem, im trying to install my relisys episode scanner, im using the install disc i got with it i go through all the steps and i says loading WINSETUP.DLL fail. then it says launch Plnst.EXE ERROR

Check on their website for info. Should it run on your OS. Might need the latest version of Windows installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back