dhcp warning ->freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been very happy with my w2k used it for years without problem have it running for weeks sometimes very stable, but...
latly it freezes up every few hours.
I can't pinpoint the problem exactly but the only change I I made that I can think of before this problem started was getting the update rolup 1 for windows 2000 sp4 and I got a new usb mouse/keyboard

the 2 events loged everythime just before the freeze are:
dhcp warning (Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 00508DE92CH1. The IP address being used is 169.254.9.207)

and

service controll manager error (The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. )

the last I don't get if I turn the server service on but it still freezes and gives the dhcp warning

I'd realy appreciate some help with this, thanks

as a ps here my pc is sealed cause of the quarantie, it is very dustly :(
cpu does run at an avarage of 38 centigrade though, heat should not be the problem but static because of the dust maybe?

Pc sealed

Hiya there,
depending on where you live, a reseller CANNOT void a warranty on a PC because you broke the seal, it's just a matter of control for them as to WHO plays in it. I've been in computers since 8, now in my 30's and I've broken a LOT of PC seals, and whenever they told me that the seal was broken, I told them that I broke it to clean it and it passed :D so I don't think (personnaly)
that it would matter very much, but check it out just to be sure BEFORE doing it hehehe.

As for the other matters, guys correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd try to plug the old mouse and/or KB back in first, one at a time, check if it solves any issues, then maybe try to uninstall the latest update to see wether or not it makes any changes.... since what you wrote occured after you made those changes.

can't risk breaking the seal they are funny about those things here
anyways problem solved (sometimes it helps just to talk about it :))
for some strange reason after the windows update I needed to update the network card driver, it's been running fine now since my last post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back