dial-up connection failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairo

hello, recently my computer have several dial up connection problems.

After I format my computer, and reinstall my internal modem driver. Every time I click to connect to the internet, it displays an error message:

either
Error 676: The phone line is busy
or
Error 680: There was no dial tone
or
sometimes, saying it is hardware failure.

The thing I am sure is that the line is not busy and there is dial tone.

To connect to the internet, I have to let it redialing for like 30~40 times (uncertain).

I once dial the number by phone, it get connected easily for the first time (I mean I can hear the sound of the internet connection.) Then I hang up, and try to connect on my computer again, but failed.

And, I also test to change to dial number to call to my mobile phone. The same result I get - the phone line is busy. Strange~

As well, my computer called to Netherlands last month by itself~! cost me twenty dollars. That's an international mobile phone number, the number is 31620101164. How to find out this kind of hidden dialer in my computer?

Thank you.

As regards finding a hidden dialer down load and install the following two programmes.

Spybot search and destroy and Adaware you can get both these programmes from www.majorgeeks.com

Once you have installed them make sure that they are fully updated.

Run Adaware first and delete whatever it finds.

Then run Spybot and let it immunize your system then let it fix whatever it finds.

As for you not being able to connect to the net have you considered getting a new modem as it maybe your modem needs replacing.

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

You have been hijacked and an expensive dialer has crept into your PC.
Download and install in its own, permanent directory:
HijackThis from http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Read the instructions on that website.

Do as Howard said, run Adaware, Spybot and after that, HJT.
Then post the log-file here, don't do anything else in HJT yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back