Dial-up Connection icon in tray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Can someone tell me if it is possible to permanently display a dial-up connection icon, located, preferably in my tray R/H side. My d/up banner gets me on-line, but frequently loses the contact, dials again, but if it is "unable to connect", it doesn't try again, but just sits there, & when I want to go to another area on line, I have to pull down 1 or more windows to expose the d/up banner, & tell it to connect. [Perhaps I can change this, so it will continue to dial-up continuously, until it succeeds?]
I think I've explained this a little [?] clumsily, but no doubt the folk there with be able to interpret this, & hopefully help me out, Thanks.

you could enable the quicklaunch bar and put your dial up connection in it for easy access. if you want to have the connection automatically redial if the line is dropped go to network connections in control panel right click on your default connection and choose properties. under the options tab at the bottom you will find a box that needs to be checked that says. "redial if line is dropped."

Thanx, iss, I'll go to control bar etc., as you suggest. The quick launch bar sounds interesting, please explain.
I appreciate your help after getting off on the wrong foot with you, I've only been surfing for eigheen months, & am still learning, any serious help is great.

you can load the quicklaunch bar by right clicking your taskbar then toolbars / quicklaunch. the quicklaunch bar is on the left side of the taskbar next to the start button. any program you want to launch from the quicklaunch bar you only need to drag and drop the shortcut for the program to the quicklaunch bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back