Different resolutions, different users w/ XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooHellfire

Okay all, I usually don't ask for a lot of help, ya know, not wanting to be flamed and all for being a news editor and not knowing my own system and all, but I've got an issue I can't seem to find a solution to. I know the solution is out there somewhere, though. Here's the deal.

I've got two seperate users on my XP box. I like my resolution to be 1024x768 where as the other user would like 800x600. According to MS, this is not possible, because the resolution is a per machine registry entry, not a per user. I came across another 'help' site that says it's can't be done without a 3rd party app, yet this site failed to provide any link to any app. Oh well. If anyone out there has been able to do this in the past or knows what util may work to do this, please post here.

Thanks all....

From http://windows2000.about.com/library/tips/bltip226.htm:
If you want to set up windows 2000 so that users can have their own screen resolution, try this. Download a program called "multires" from www.entechtaiwan.com, then create some login scripts that will run multires for different users. For example:

multires /800,600,32 /exit

Then when users log in their own resolution will be changed for them. The icon locations will even stay the same!

This tip was submitted by: Christopher Ey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back