Dimension 3000 Graphics Card Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Im new to this site and new to upgrading pc's. Ive done a lot of research on it and know a little bit now. I have a Dell Dimension 3000 Desktop P4 3.0GHZ 1GB Ram and just upgrade my video card to a 3DFuzion ge 6200 PCI 128MB. I am running it on Windows Vista Home Basic which I upgraded to a few weeks ago from windows XP. Someone at Nvidia told me this would be the perfect card for this system so I purchased it. The card installed fine, updated the drivers and everything, but ran into a problem when I went to play a game. I wanted to test the card out so I downloaded a demo of a game online. It installed fine, but then when I went to play it, the screen froze and the imfamous blue screen came up telling me the driver had to quit and the system had become unstable. The computer then restarted. I tried again and it had done the same thing. I am lost on this because I did everything I was supposed to with the installation. Anyone got any ideas what could cause this problem. Im hoping its nothing serious.

Oh no, you're using 6200 to play in windows vista? It would not be perfect mate... Vista is using DX10 while 6200 is still DX9. If you want good gaming you must stick to XP or either you must buy hi-end GeForce 8800...
Vista is still 'new' and it doesn;t appear to be a 'gaming OS' so my suggestion have both xp and vista if you want to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back