Direct X 9 ( c ) help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which version of DX are you currently running?
Start -> Run -> "dxdiag" -> Ok and post the version

Have you downloaded it from the net, or is it from a game cd?

Thanks, that was what I thought, but I wasn't sure (thus my question).

And that certainly explains why the installer won't install DX 9.0c ;)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/expert/durham_gamesp2.mspx

"Here's how SP2 impacts gaming. First, the latest version of DirectX is included with SP2. It's a group of technologies that makes high-performance Windows gaming and multimedia possible. DirectX version 9.0c contains an update that paves the way for incredibly realistic lighting in 3-D gaming worlds. Second, SP2 includes Windows Firewall, a built-in firewall aimed at stopping attacks from nefarious denizens of the Internet. It replaces Internet Connection Firewall, and unlike its predecessor, Windows Firewall is on by default."

"Though you can download it separately, DirectX 9.0c is an integral part of SP2. The newest DirectX is fitted with brand new pixel and vertex shaders grouped together in a feature called Shader Model 3.0."

Don't know why it would said 9.0b is installed, though I'm running Windows 2000 myself, but suffice it to say if Service Pack 2 is installed then you should be running 9.0c regardless.

i dont really understand what that means, i have the same problem, i can't install direct x 9.0c in windows xp sp2, after i install it it shows up dx 9.0b as well, is there anything i can do to fix this?

also if i dont install it, the sims 2 still doesn't run

Is your SP2 slipstreamed into the XP you installed? or did you have XP on before and install the service pack? if so, is your SP2 file the final file released from MS? It wasn't one of the ones that found its way onto an enthusiast site before official launch?

yeah i found out the problem, it's because of the sp2 that's installed, it's v.2096, not the final one, im going to reinstall windows and install the full sp2 and see how that works out, thanks

you may know me as joe koolio but that does not matter, no matter what you do to windows you can't fix it unless you put your winxp cd in then reintall direct x well not every one has the cd most of the places intsall it for you b4 you get the computer that way you can't fix any thing yourself so you take it to them and they get paid for it.

oh yeah the new direct x 10 is out but not free yet direct x 10 is up to date perfect im testing it for the company and it should fix the problem.

DirectX 10 will NEVER be out for XP "You *****"...

But of course... you knew that didn't you?

Of course, but i must explain my on my behalf. I'm trying to work with it when it DOES come out for xp it will be called "Direct X 10.5" or "Direct X XP Edition",but so far nothing has worked. I do know the source for the problem though, the reason it says intallation comlete because there is a file missing that went undetected and the setup is mislead that it has been previouly installed. So you have four options download the missing files and place them where should be, restore/reboot your entire system, place your OS CD in the drive and uninstall and reinstall Direct X from a downloaded version, or update to a newer version. Your right though, my mistake, but keep an eye open for for for the versions that I mentioned and I am very sorry if I mislead anyone to believing that this version for xp is a certian thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back