Direct X graphics problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
I've recently upgraded to WinXP Professional edition (with SP2 installed) from Win98SE after some problems with my compter. I use my machine primarily for work and game playing. After installing the OS I installed many of my games, all of which worked perfectly under Win98SE. Now many of these games have issues with the graphics, namely missing polygons and surfaces etc. Some of these games are: Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Combat Flight Simulator 2, No One Lives Forever. I've tried them on my office machine (Win 2000 with SP4, 512Mb 133MHz SDRAM, Intel Winnipeg D845WN motherboard,Geforce 2 MX200 32Mb, Direct x 8.1) and they all work fine. I've even tried them on my girlfriend's laptop which runs WinXP home with SP1 and Direct X 8.1 (I don't know its exact specs.) and they work perfectly on that too. I've applied all of the recent patches to try and eliminate this problem, but again no luck. I'm beginning to think that this is a problem with Direct X as my Win98SE install used Direct X 8.1 and they ran perfectly on that. Am I correct in thinking this? If so can I uninstall SP2 to remove Direct X 9.0c, leaving only SP1 and Direct X 8.1? I've figured that uninstalling Direct X is more hassle than its worth and I can't afford the time at the moment anyway.

My machine is:

WinXp Professional with SP2.
1Ghz Athlon Thunderbird.
640Mb 133Mhz SDRAM.
Asus A7V motherboard.
Geforce 2 MX400 32Mb.
Direct X 9.0c.

All drivers are up to date.

I've searched the archives of this forum for a solution but to no avail. Could anyone help me? I'd be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Gareth.

Few things here how exactally did you upgrade?? As run a dxdiag How you do this you ask ? START/Run in box type dxdiag let this run take a note on the version you have and that 3D graphics are turned on.

I did a full HD format and reinstalled onto a clean HD. I've also tried dxdiag and ran all of the tests and checked the settings. Everything appears to be fine. 3D graphics are turned on too.

Best wishes,
Gareth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back