Windows ME
DirectX 9.0b
Athlon Thunderbird 1.4Ghz
Giga-byte GA-7DX MotherBoard
512MB PC2100 266DDR Memory
GEFORCE 128MB 440MX Graphics Card(new)
SOUNDBLASTER LIVE VALUE
80GB WESTERN DIGITAL WD800JB HARD DRIVE

Sadly, at this time, I’m not able to run any 3D games with my new video card. Regardless of the 3D game I'll get a "Direct3D initialization error" or something similar. When I run DirectX Diagnostics and test Direct3D I get the following errors:

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Some things to note:
-Have very latest DirectX (9.0b)(ran fine with my Old 32MB Radeon VE)
-COMPLETELY uninstalled previous Graphics Drivers including a registry cleaning
-Have very latest nVidia Geforce Driver 45.23
-Bought and returned a Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB two weeks ago(thinking it was defective at the time). Used the same nVidia driver (45.23) and had the EXACT same problem I’m having now. Leads me to suspect it’s related to that driver.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Joe

Hav u check your directx? maybe you get a few corrupted files. for cleaning previously installed driver, you did it with tool or manually? try using driver cleaner tool, for detonator use detonator rip, for another tool you can get it at guru3d.com.
Hope helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back