Direct3D problem. NEED HELP ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Specs taken from DxDiag 6.00.6000.16386 32-bit Unicode

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0 Build 6000) 32 bit (x86)
BIOS: v5.05
Processor: Genuine Intel CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 1014MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Videocard: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 728 (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Drivers
Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
Version: 7.14.0010.1364 (English)
Date: 31.10.2007 9:47:22
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
DDI Version: 9Ex

DirectX Features
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled
(note - on this faulty PC i dont have the test buttons to all three of Direct... options)

Basically heres the whole background...

My friend's PC, which I have brought to my place and even connected to the internet to try and find the solution, has gone bad. Basically as I try to run the game "Two Worlds", the screen goes black and in less then a second Im back on my desktop with a message saying "An error has occurred while initializing Direct 3D. Insuficient graphics card properties or configuration/driver problems could be causing this. Try running the game in Safe Mode (-safemode execution parameter)." Tried running it on safemode - didnt work, tried even the Two_worlds_RADEON.exe which ofcourse didnt work as well. Same thing for GTA SA, Heroes of might and magic 5. Suprisingly the Sims 2 works :) At first I thought that I will be able to tackle the problem with updating DirectX and video drivers. So I did. Updated the DirectX using my crysis (game) DVD :) and even downloaded the newest ones from Microsoft download centre website, downloaded the drivers from Intel support center homepage. With the drivers I had a few setbacks. While trying to install the newest (and later I tried older ones as well) it didnt allow me to. I pressed the setup button and it said that the current drivers cannot be identified. So I even tried the safe installing way which is removing the old ones. Uninstalled them, restarted, ran setup on new ones - the same message. So I got around that problem by reading the readme file and installing them manually. Still the problem hasnt been solved. Newest DirectX and newest drivers for in built video card - "Two worlds" saying the same thing bout the Direct 3D fault so does the rest, except Sims2 :D . As I noted above with my system specs that I do not have the three test buttons so I could test my Direct 3D. As I searched on the net I found out that the not having test buttons might be caused by having older drivers and updating them would solve it. Great! Just great! I just updated them didnt I?! :)) Ooh yeah, browsing through some old posts here I found people having same problem,their drivers were Catalyst ones and not 100% compatible with something and they just had to switch to older driver. That couldnt work for me since I had an older driver and updated to a new(est) one, in addition my graphics card is a built-in Intel crap not a Radeon or Nvidia one. Im so lost in all this... I need serious help in this matter :/ anyone who can help me, help me please!

I dont think DirectX 10 has the test buttons like dx9. More than likely its not drivers or a bad chip but rather the fact that you don't have a graphics card. Integrated graphics puts a lot of strain on your system when you try to play games

those post about going back to an old driver were only for people using AGP cards that updated their drivers to ones that didn't support AGP, the new drivers are specifically for PCI.

Right cheers for reminding bout AGP and PCI express and. I can take a look at my integrated and if present normal video card through BIOS right? Actually before I started reading stuff in this forum I didnt even know you can possibly have (ofcourse on motherboards which allow that) a normal video card to addition of the integrated one :) interesting indeed. but yeah, thanks for strenghthening my 2nd solution which is giving this computer back to Currys and building one myself :)) since my 2nd computer which is AMD Athlon with NVidia Geforce works just fine :) Cheers lads!

If this computer has an AGP slot or PCI or PCI-E slots then you can simply buy a graphics card and plug it in, just so you know.

If you decide to do this its not hard. A few things that usually mess people up -

before installing the card make sure you have .NET framework by checking add/remove programs

remove the old drivers first

install new card and drivers

go into bios and disable your integrated video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back