DirectDraw video problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently finished setting up my new computer setup (specs in profile) and anytime i try to play video, my whole system freezes up, no matter which video player i use. after disableing directdraw and direct3d though, the video will play. dxdiag doesnt detect any problems with any files, and both the directdraw and direct3d tests work with no problems. ive downloaded and reinstalled the newest directx twice now, my nvidia drivers are up to date. other programs and games that utilize directx are working fine, the only problem is video files. Is there any way to fix this, or am i going to have to keep turning them off and on whenever i wanna play video / games? >_>

installed a new bios, reinstalled all the drivers again, and checked for any conflicts. this problem is still not solved.

direct draw problem

I have a E-machines 3210 machines with intergrated intel graphics and updated it with a new graphics card it is a nvidia 6200 pci disabled on card but now every time a play video i.e. tv tuner or media player the machine just stops responding the only way i see around this is to turn off direct draw and direct 3d i have sent an email about this to nvidia hopefully i will get a reply soon

Anybody else got any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back