DirectX 0 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm having trouble running computer games on my laptop. This is a recent problem seeing as how i've never had this trouble before... I can install the game and when i go to run it, it says "You have DirectX 0. Please install DirectX 7. Could not load "./drivers/registryz... 3D graphics hardware could not be initialized." Could anyone help me to solve this problem? By the way, I'm working off a HP Pavillion, AMD processor, and 768 MB of RAM (upgraded).

Graphics driver, or graphics card failure.
Download DirectX 9.0c, and have it handy. Then remove or disable existing and replace with the download.
If that doesn't work, download and install latest BIOS, Chipset, Audio drivers, and video graphics drivers.
When that fails obtain new audio card and video graphics card.

Gnaw. Since the system used to work, the problem is elsewhere. Either an infestation, driver, or hardware problem. DirectX upgrades are designed to work with older devices... just not newer ones.

DirectX Error

thanks for the response. I already have DirectX 9 installed but that doesn't work. Would you happen to know where I can install the latest drivers and updates for my video card? Much appreciated...

You get the drivers at the www.hp.com software and downloads site, by entering the model posted on the label on the back, not necessarily from the model on the bezel. HP lists all the latest drivers for each unit by Operating System supported. It is a good idea to install all drivers while you are at it, taking note of the instructions for installation included with each driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back