DirectX Diagnostic Tool..

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

When I type "dxdiag" in the run box in the start menu, the tool loads half way and then a notice appears saying that DirectX has to close. When I go back to run DXDT again I get a message when it is in the middle of loading asking me if I want to bypass DirectShow, and that there was an issue with DirectShow last time I loaded DXDT. Does anyone know why this is happening, what it means, or how to fix it? Any helpful response would be appreciated greatly. :)

Specifications:

-Windows Vista Home Premium (never used to have this problem with XP)

-Nvidia 8800GTX - Driver Date = 3/2/2007 Driver Version = 7.15.11.141

Also, I am not sure if this problem is causing or at all related to the Steam games issue I am currently having when I start my Steam games and the main menu goes black...

What version of DirectX do you have? If it isn't the latest try downloading it. That's what I would do if it happened to me. I'm no computer guru but ya know.

I agree

Kurupt said:
What version of DirectX do you have? If it isn't the latest try downloading it. That's what I would do if it happened to me. I'm no computer guru but ya know.
But try a seach for Dxdiag.exe.If it appears dbl click it there.
But 9.0c has an update that might repair it.
But a search at www.Microsoft.com will quickly find the newest download.
Not Windows update.
It also might be a seperate install on your Vista CD.
You absolutely need this system device,latest version.

I have DirectX 10, that's what it says on the VERSION column.

JoeM076 said:
I have DirectX 10, that's what it says on the VERSION column.

I would say it's a bug in the system. See if any other Windows Vista Home Premium users have that problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back