DirectX problem: Direct Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i try to start games that requires direct draw like; Need for Speed Underground 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, StarCraft and many others, they would restart my computer. I know it is Direct Draw because when i use a program called CheckIt Diagnostics, it restarts when it goes to Direct Draw test. I tried many things like; uninstalling and reinstalling video card drivers and mobo drivers, update DirectX, reinstalling the games, and updating drivers.
I also went start - run - dxdiag - display - and did the direct draw and acceleration test and it says they work fine, but CheckIt would restart once it checks directdraw.
This problem never happend before and those games use to work fine.

There was a game that restarted my computer, but i was able to change it to Window Mode instead of Fullscreen mode because it had an Option icon outside the game and it worked and didnt restart my computer.

Anyone have any ideas to fix my problem?

DirectX: 9.0c
Vid Card: Radeon 9550 256mb

Right when it crashes, this blue screen comes up and has the message
*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000191, 0xA88A9CC8, 0x00000000)

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Support.microsoft.com STOP: 0x0000008E Is telling us this is ram issue.
If you'd like some one to take a look at your mini dumps to verify this,
look in this forum Window OS
There are several members that diagnos them quite well.
G'Luck

The Windows interface itself is Direct Draw, so I can tell you this is probably not the problem. Direct 3D maybe... But not draw.

I'd like to recommend a shot in the dark.. Uninstall your drivers as usual, then use Driver Cleaner to fully remove the remnants of your driver installs.

Attempt to reinstall your chipset drivers first, then follow with your graphics driver wth the latest available from www.ati.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back