DirectX?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio

Hey! Okay, I'm having this problem with DirectX. It told me to download DirectX Version 8.1 so I went to the website and downloaded version 9.0 and after it was finished, it said "Restart your computer" so I did. Then as soon as I got back on I tried to play UT2004 but I got a different message saying:

Please enable Direct3D acceleration. You can do this by starting dxdiag and then enabling Direct3D Acceleration in the Display1/2 tab after installing DirectX 8.1b (or later) and the latest drivers for your graphics card. (I've done everything it says and it still won't let me play)

Have you tried starting UT2004 in Safe Mode and play around with the settings? You might come across the settings causing this to happen.

Okay, so I entered the game in safe mode. Tinkered around with the settings. But I encountered one problem! I can't change the resolution. It's at like 320x240 and, it's really smooth and all! But, I have to keep it minimized. So, after I set all the Details etc. I exited out of the game and started it up out of safe mode! And it worked. But I still have the resolution problem. Any ideas?

P.S Thanks for the help so far! ATLEAST I'M IN THE GAME! Hahaha. :rolleyes:

Did you try reinstalling your video drivers afterward? I'd give that a try.

Sounds like you don't have Direct X 9 compatible video drivers.

Like LNCPapa suggested, reinstall your video drivers. But please make sure they are the newest ones available.

Alright, but it's weird because it isn't even working for Dungeon Seige. It says something about Video Drivers and Direct3D. (I reinstalled my computer just a few days ago)

Hahaha, okay! I know this might sound kind of stupid... But how do you reinstall my video drivers?

Originally posted by Akio
Hahaha, okay! I know this might sound kind of stupid... But how do you reinstall my video drivers?

Unplug your NIC.

Uninstall your video card drivers from Add/Remove Programs.

Reboot.

Click cancel on any prompts asking to reinstall your video card drivers.

Proceed to install your video card drivers.

Reboot.

Video card drivers are now reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back