Directx9c pc has it, doesnt know, help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to load direct x9c to my desk top pc, everquestll says my pc doesnt have it, so i downloaded it, ran it, and the directx tool still doesnt show it, but the numerical code is that for directx9c it reads DirectX9.0b (4.09.0000.0904) How can i make my computer and the game understand that it has directx9c. My video card is Radeon 9000 updated 02 22 05.
thanks zoe

A radeon 9000 is a direct x 8.1 card.
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9000/index.html
If the game requires a direct x9c card, you probably would need a new video card that supports that.

I ran dxdiag and it says I have direct x 9c, and my version is 4.09.0000.0904, the same as yours, so maybe you do have 9c installed, but the card isn't supported by the game?

EverquestII will play just fine with a Radeon 9000 card as it has PS/VS V1.4 due to DX8.1 compliance. The DX9.0 is mainly for cards that are stuck at DX8.0 level with only PS/VS 1.1.

As far as DxDiag having problems, you need to try a couple things:
1) Find out what mainboard/motherboard you have and download & install the latest chipset drivers and AGP drivers (if applicable.. some include AGP with the mainboard chipset drivers).
2) Download Catalyst drivers from ATI's website. For EverquestII, I'd recommend the 5.2's... or if you play a lot of other games, the 5.9's.
3) Once you have these two things installed, run DxDiag once more. (Start menu/run, and type dxdiag)

In DxDiag, there is a button on the bottom for saving the information to a file. Click it and create a file on your desktop.. call it like dxdiag.txt or something.

If you can copy/paste the top 1/2 of that file here, it will yield insight on what you need to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back