Direcway internet connection sharing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently began having problems with a setup tha had been working well. I use Direcway 2way, comming into a computer that does nothing but host the direcway and share it out to my other 3 computers. As of a month ago, one of the networked computers lost part of its connection to the internet. It can still do the basic things such as browse. However, the ability to send or receive email to this computer has become spotty. Also, any application that needs to actually talk to another computer, such as quicken, or even MSUPDATE, no longer work. The of these things work fine on the host computer and the other 2 computers on the network.

I have tried reinstalling xp (xp on all machines) as well as dissabling all firewalls but still get no improvement. Help!

You may want to check for the welcha worm. Check the task manager and see if DLLHOST.EXE is using up significant amounts of CPU time. Also, it may seem unusual, but check that each computer has the file and printer sharing protocol checked on their network properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back