Dirx 9.c and Radeon X1600 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radeon x1600 series card, have Directx 9 installed, but cannot play Sims2. It says theres no Directx compatible bla bla....

I noticed when I run Dxdiag that under the Display tab the DirectDraw accelration say Not Available and also the AGP texture acceleration says not available. 3D acceleration is enabled.

On my other PC (where sims2 is working) all 3 is enabled. How do I fix this?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Right click on your desktop and select properties/settings/advanced/troubleshoot. Make sure the hardware acceleration is set to full. Click apply/ok

Then click color quality and set it to it`s highest setting, Probably Highest(32bit), set your screen resolution to at least 800x600 or whatever you normally use, click apply/ok.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

The only other thing I can suggest, is you install the latest chipset drivers for your mobo, including any agp drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for being so helpfull. Just a coupla q's for domkupf on my side ...what is mobo? and how do I get the latest chipset drivers?

Mobo=Motherboard.

You can get the drivers for your mobo from your mobo manufacturers website, or your computer manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

Thanx a million for all your help. My problem is solved. I deleted an older driver for the Radeon and voila. Seems that even though I installed the updated driver it reverted back to the older version.

Kiss kiss hug hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back