Disabled AGP on A7N266-VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, i bought a new vid card, ATi Radeon 9250 (supports 2x, 4x, 8x). I did the required driver removal of all the previous drivers I used including the onboard GeForce2 drivers. After that I formatted my hard drive, restarted the PC, opened the BIOS and made sure the settings were on AGP Card (not the onboard setting), turned the power off, disconnected my old card, a GeForce4 MX -440, and replaced it with the ATi and did a fresh install of Win XP Home.

After the installation of all the basic drivers, I didn't install the nForce video driver so I was still running on Standard settings with my ATi, I installed the drivers for my new card. Then I installed Catalyst Control Center and upgraded it from the ATi website and then installed my sound drivers and etc. But when I run my games, I get a AGP Disabled notice and a warning for inconsistency and a recommendation to enable AGP. Catalyst Control Center has a slidebar setting for the type of acceleration the user wants to use. I set it to 4x then restart. When everything has booted, AGP is still disabled. I am assuming that the SMARTGART on the ATi system is responsible for the checking for safe settings, but it will not enable AGP no matter what I do. Is there a way to set things that AGP will be enabled?

the closest related problem i found was from Milhouse from this thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23852&highlight=A7N266-VM but it doesn't give me any other answer after i've made sure that my old drivers were properly removed.

is there any other procedure I can try before updating it? I'm rather a bit reluctant to flash my BIOS. XD but if there's no other way, then I'll do it. :D

I have installed everything necessary except the onboard graphics drivers. I didn't want to chance having conflicting drivers between my ATi card and the onboard one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back