Disabling automatic reboot upon error without loading Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A57Strat

About two weeks ago or more while attempting to start up my laptop I fell victim to the "Blue Screen of Death". The error message read "Unmountable Boot Volume".

Every single time I attempt to load Windows XP the computer restarts right after the Windows logo disappears...this happens over and over and never stops.

When I try to use the "Last known good configuration" option the same occurs.

When I try to load in safe mode it never makes it to the Windows screen, just a bunch of different text shows up and gives various file names. When I try to load in the other two safe modes, the same occurs.

I do not have any boot disks, start up disks, a Windows XP recovery disk, or any access to a computer that could create floppy disks or burn a CD. Does anyone have any tips or info that could help me out with this?

Or does anyone know a way at this point, without being able to access Windows XP and without having a start up/recovery disk, to change the Windows 'automatic reboot upon error' setting so I can at least get my computer to start?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

raybay said:
It appears as if you have a defective hard drive.

That is one possibility...but there are others as well.

What I really want to know is if there is a way, perhaps with DOS, to disable the settings on the 'automatic reboot upon error' option so I can load Windows XP fully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back