Disabling Onboard Graphics with win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems disabling my onboard graphics in win2000. since my other board is installed win2000 seems to think I want multiple monitors, so it won't allow me to disable the onboard graphic board. I am unable to disable the board in the bios, or on the motherboard it's self. I did have win98 installed and was able to disable it with no problems. If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Thank you Trin

If you go to the Device Manager, & list the VGA cards, does it show up there ?

If yes, try right clicking on the onboard card & choosing disable. Or choose properties, then in Device Usage, choose Do Not Use This Device.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

When I go to device manager, under display adapters it shows both video boards. When I click on the properties of either one of them, then usage option is greyed out. Won't let me disable either one of them. I think it seems to think I want ot use both of them lol

Originally posted by Trin
I am unable to disable the board in the bios, or on the motherboard it's self.
Which board is it? I've never seen any that didn't have an option to disable it. Maybe it's a jumper on the board?

Originally posted by Trin
When I click on the properties of either one of them, then usage option is greyed out. Won't let me disable either one of them.

You have to have administrative rights to mess around in Device Manager

If you want to disable the onboard graphics completely then you have to set a jumper on the motheboard. I think this page is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back