Disappearing Post

Maurice

Not sure if this has happened only since "new look", I was composing a reply, & had almost finished, when I decided to have a look at the person's profile, when I went back to my reply to continue, it wasn't there.
I wondered if this is a new glitch, or it just because I did something out of context?

Maurice.

If you're using IE, it's because you left the page you were working on...
If you right-click and choose open in new window, you'll be fine.

If you use Mozilla or Opera, then it's something strange (at least I have no problem going backwards and forwards and keeping the post in those browsers)...

MrGaribaldi said:
If you're using IE, it's because you left the page you were working on...
If you right-click and choose open in new window, you'll be fine.

If you use Mozilla or Opera, then it's something strange (at least I have no problem going backwards and forwards and keeping the post in those browsers)...

Thanks, that explains it, I use IE, in future, If I wan't to look at profiles when I've completed my message

Maurice :haha:

It has happened to me a million times, when working on TS and in other sites, going back and forward deletes form information almost always. It's extremely annoying and definitely something that should be worked on future browser revisions.

Worst of all is that 95% of the time it's not me browsing in the same window but some iframes going 404 in that same page or accidentally hitting back/forward buttons in the mouse.

Julio said:
It has happened to me a million times, when working on TS and in other sites, going back and forward deletes form information almost always. It's extremely annoying and definitely something that should be worked on future browser revisions.

Worst of all is that 95% of the time it's not me browsing in the same window but some iframes going 404 in that same page or accidentally hitting back/forward buttons in the mouse.
Strange thing, I just made a "quick reply" to Poertner's & Julio's posts, & clicked "Go Advanced".
It instantly appeared, on it's own, but hasn't shown up in the main thread, where has it gone?, & what is the advantage of going advanced?

Maurice [mystified]

The "Go Advanced" button only transfers you from the quick reply box you're currently using to the "proper" answer window where you have all the buttons for adding links, images, format text and insert smilies.
And when you use that option, it automaticly gives you a preview of the post you've written so far, so you can see how you'd like to format it.

You still have to push the "Submit Message"/"Submit Reply" button for it to be added to the thread.

Julio said:

Or you can switch to Opera or Mozilaa where the problem has been fixed for ages ;) :D

MrGaribaldi said:
Or you can switch to Opera or Mozilaa where the problem has been fixed for ages ;) :D
I'm not sure about Opera but Mozilla does the same actually. I use both IE and Firefox daily for browsing.

Strange, with netscape being mozilla based and without this problem I figured it would also hold true for the rest of the mozilla browsers.

Oh, well, go for Opera then ;)

Yes there are no problems when using Opera. I hit my back button on my mouse frequently, and am glad I don't have to retype everything...although I did get in the habit of hitting CTRL-A CTRL-C every once in a while when I am making a long post.

Julio said:
I'm not sure about Opera but Mozilla does the same actually. I use both IE and Firefox daily for browsing.

I use IE on this site (Trusted site) The only time I lose the the initial page , is when I back up two or more.I am not set to 'open in a new window'
This is not clearly not just a function of some setting, or choice of Browser.

Back