Disappearing printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbhall

Got a problem with client printer installs here which is common to Win2K and Win XP clients, but does not apply to Win98 clients.

Clients do not use MS network client, they use Novell client (latest version) and Novell NDPS to provoide printer services. Most likely this problem is the fault of the client, but Novell seems to have no ideas.

The problem is...
Signed on as Admin to a client, I install some networked printers, set properties like page size, and on the 'security' panel of each printer, I make it as clear as I can that ANY user has full rights to the printer - can use, even manage etc.

By the way, and probably importantly, ANY Novell user is automatically logged onto the local workstation as Admin (same as when I installed the printers).

After reboots, I always see the printers there, and SOME users still see the printers fine, but some other users with absolutely equivalent Novell rights so far as I can tell, will find the printers have gone, and after that, they dont come back for anybody.....Oh, and it isn't ALL printers that disappear either, some stay there !!

This is driving me crazy.

investigate network reliability and overload.

ensure all clients have the same version and maintenance of the Novel software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back