disk boot failure. cant boot from cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

my dog flipped the switch on my surge protector and when i turn the comp back on it says disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter. i have it set in the bios to boot from cd first but when i turn it on i have no option to do so.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Hi relient and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Yuor dog flipped the switch ??:confused: what was he doing watching doggy pron and didnt want to get caught :D

Joking aside chances are your HD is screwed due to the bad shutdown, it shouldnt happen but can if the disk is going faulty, I would start with downloading the test tools from the manufacturers site and testing the disk with them to make sure the disk is still useable.

As for booting from the CD I didnt understand that part of your post, what do you mean you dont have that option, do you mean that it doesnt try to boot from the CD or that you arent asked if you want to.?

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

Go into your BIOS and check your Boot Sequence. Make sure that the CD/DVD drive is higher in the boot sequence than your HDD.

relient said:
Hello

. i have it set in the bios to boot from cd first but when i turn it on i have no option to do so.

almcneil said:
Go into your BIOS and check your Boot Sequence. Make surthat the CD/DVD drive is higher in the boot sequence than your HDD.

Did you read his post before answering ?

already did that and still nothing. just gives me that error. i put the cd in the drive and press enter and it doesnt do anything.

SOunds like your IDE controllers have gone tits up

Remove all the IDE devices and enter BIOS and reset all to defaults, then reconnect the IDE devices, then set the BIOS to boot from CD.

Try it without the HD connected first.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back