Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...HELLO TECHSPOT COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!! ok well now to my problem.....well actually my buddies but he hasnt the slightest idea on what to do with a pc besides surf the net......ok any way I removed his HD and formatted it in mine and then replaced it to reinstall his OS.....half of the old one was mising.......well now when I boot it up this is the message that I get......REMOVE DISKS OR OTHER MEDIA.....PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTAR.....well when I press any key, I get this......DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.......can anayone help me or give me some siggestions? I have tried to boot from cd but it gives me the same thing no matter what I do and I thought it was not reading ot finding the HD but it shows it in BIOS.......HELP!! PLEASE!!!?

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Make sure it is connected to IDE-0 and plugged into the end of the IDE Ribbon. Also make sure the jumper on the rear is set to either Master or Cable Select.

Desktop Properties

Yeah I made sure all of that numerous times and still nothing, and I have tried bith MASTER and CABLE SELECT and nothing either way.

The bios is seeing the drive but is the computer set up to boot off of IDE-0 first?
Check the boot sequence and make sure IDE-0 is first or second choice.

Yeah I have it set up to boot from cdrom then hard drive but it doesnt matter wich way I set it it just doesnt find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back