"Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuK134R

Hi,

I'm currently running on a m2n32-SLI Deluxe WIFI edition with a 320GB maxtor harddrive. Previously, I had my set up like this: One SATA from maxtor to the mobo, one IDE cable with my cd drive, as master, and my old HD(30 GB w/ my documents) as slave. It was running fine with Vista on the maxtor. However, I wanted to remove the old HD and place a new CD-drive in. I did so, and I received the above error message.

I took out the the new CD-drive and switched back to my old connection, and it worked great.

Then, I had the 320 GB connected, and the old cd-drive to the IDE. I get the error message. I've tried every single possible combination of jumper settings and replaced the IDE cables.

What do I need to do to get this to work, before I throw my computer out the window? :mad:

Windows has detected the change as an attempt at piracy. You will now have to reinstall Windows in repair mode, then talk to Microsoft over the phone to get it re-established.
This is common with OEM versions of Windows. Windows will detect any change in the hardware, other than memory, as a possible attempt to bypass the Windows Install parameters... it thinks the computer has been changed.
You might want to do a thorough search of the www.microsoft.com knowlege base.

Your master boot record might have ended up on your old HDD. Don't ask me how,but stranger things have happened to me. That would explain why you can't boot without the two discs in place. If so, yu'll have to re-install using your new configuration. If you haven't already done so you could try booting from the Windows disc and try repairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back