Disk boot failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogsy

Ok heres whats got me beat I have put together a new computer from new componnets , Every time i start the computer up its giving me a screen that says DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER ...

When I start the computer with a genuine copy of windows and sett the computer to boot from CD it starts to go through windows set up but then comes up with system error msg's , for the life of me I cannot work out what it is thats stopping this computer from working properly and help would be much appreciated

What is your systems mobo, hard drive, (IDE or sata?) etc? check your XP disk for smudges and or scratches. Try a different optical drive in case the one you are using is defective.

if you are using a sata drive did you load the sata drivers?

The CD was taken from the packet it came in and placed in a brand new DVD drive ..
The Mother board is a Gigabyte GA81915PL-G
The ram is NCP DDR512MB PC3200
The video card is a Leadtek Winfast PX6600 GT TDH PCi Express
The HD is a Barracuda 7200.8 200 Gbyte IDE drive
The DVD player/burner is a imation DVD+- R DL internal burner
The processor is a P4 3.0GB

I hope this helps

Have you tried booting fromt he DVD drive? DVD Drives are generally better readers than CD Roms. are the drives jumpered correctly, one master and one slave? is the seagate drive jumpered as master on the primary IDE? ( you could aslo try removing the jumper altogether if the hard drive is alone on the primary IDE. some new drives do not like being jumpered when they are the sole device on the ide port.

I will remove the jumper off of that drive it is on its own ide cable ...
And yes I am booting the system off of the dvd drive ...

that sounds like a hardware problem. the first thing to check would be the ram. have you tried them in another system to see if they work? Also what brand power supply and what wattage, and how many amps does it put out on the +12V rail? ( this info can be found on the label on the side of the PSU.)

Model ATX 480w 240V
DC+3.3v +5v +12v -12v -5v +5v sb COM P-ON PG 19A 34A 0.8A 0.5A 1.5A BLK GRY GRN
AC input :240V 50Hz 4A

I have swapped over the ram and am using that ram in this computer and its working spot on ...

Ok I have a blue screen which is telling me that Technical information:

***Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF8980524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Whats does that mean ?

hi,

sounds like your master boot record is corrupt (MBR). Boot from CD, select option for recovery console (repair), at the c: prompt type - fixmbr and then type exit.

Should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back